EU Stakeholder Seminar on Low Carbon European Energy Scenarios
10.00 - 17.30, April 28, 2010 - Brussels, Belgium
10.00 – 13. 00
Presentation of the European Low Carbon Societies Network Project (EU FP7)
By Meike Fink, Project Coordinator, Climate Action Network - France (RAC-France)
(pdf file 0.2 MB)
Presentations of 3 European Scenarios:
After each presentation comments will be on the scenarios with the specific focus on “barriers to transition scenarios”
1. Scenario made by Friends of the Earth Europe / Stockholm Environmental Institute (SEI)
Presentation by Charles Heaps, SEI, followed by comments
(pdf file 0.6 MB)
2. Scenario made by INFORSE (International Network for Sustainable Energy)
Presentation by Gunnar Boye Olesen, INFORSE-Europe, followed by comments
(pdf file 1 MB)
3. Scenario made by European Climate Foundation (ECF)
Presentation by Rebecca Collyer, followed by comments
(pdf file 1.7 MB)
Discussion between the Commentators and Scenario Presenters
Open Floor Discussion
- Science: Brigitte Knopf, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK), Germany
- Political institution: MEP Theodoros Skylakakis, EU Parliamentarian
- Industry: Renaud Crassous, Electricité de France (EDF)
- NGO representative: Anne Rialhe, (Negawatt)
Moderator: Matthias Duwe, Climate Action Network - Europe (CAN-Europe)
14. 30 -17.30
What Kind of Grid Do We Need for 100% Renewables?
What Does it Cost? / Where are the Technical, Political and Social Barriers?
By Rebecca Collyer, ECF
(pdf file 0.7 MB)
Full Use of Local Flexibility: An Intelligent Grid for 100% Renewables in Denmark
By Gunnar Boye Olesen, INFORSE-Europe + comments
(pdf file 1.2 MB)
Particular Challenges for Germany and France – Panel (6 persons):
The panelists are: French and German NGO representatives (Yannick Régnier from CLER, Frauke Thies from Greenpeace); Paul Wilczek from EWEA (pdf file 1.6 MB), French and German energy industry and grid representatives: Meike Wulfers from “50Hz” in Germany, dir. Olivier Herz from the French power transmission company RTE, Renaud Crassous from EDF in France.
Moderator: Paul Allen, CAT/ZeroCarbonBritain, UK
See also the coverage of the event including pictures on INFORSE-Europe's web site.
The event was part of the EU Sustainable Energy Campaign.
INFORSE-Europe is Associate member of the Campaign.
See more at the Campaign's web site.